Eclectic Ramblings From a Bike Riding, Sports Loving, Novel Writing Nerd.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Wise Words From Wil

So I'm kind of frustrated today.  Have you ever been associated with a person, company or whatever that turns out to be kind of sleazy, then you feel almost guilty by association?

That's me today.  I woke up this morning to find out a blog I had been writing for has been caught, pretty convincingly, plagiarizing other sites.  I'm not giving out any more details since I'm not in the businessnto burn bridges  but I'm sure as hell cutting ties.  

This really pissed me off.  I know I'm new to this but I work my butt off on even the silliest stuff I post.  To see someone ripping off other people's work so blatantly just made my skin crawl.  Now I'm not naive enough to think this isn't prevalent in a world where any and all information is at the end of a few keystrokes, but to be associated with it so closely, that smarts.

I feel dirty admitting I wrote for a site like that. Needless to say I won't be doing so any more.

I think the part that really rankles me is this was done for nothing more than page clicks.  I get the desire for page clicks.  Hell, I spent way too much time watching the page counts climb on the few articles I had up on the site, but it was for my own damn work.  I guess advertising dollars hold a lot of sway but damn, I don't know where people get the balls to do crap like that.  I don't get the "screw everyone else, I'm just out to get mine" attitude.

Life is so much simpler if we just remember:



Anyway, that's enough of a rant for tonight.  I'll be back with more short stories in a few days.

Later!

Dwight


No comments:

Post a Comment