Eclectic Ramblings From a Bike Riding, Sports Loving, Novel Writing Nerd.

Friday, November 1, 2013

And So It Begins


Got up at 5:00 am for a kickstart to NaNoWriMo.  It is kind of exciting to be setting off on this challenge.

I've put Dogwood on the back burner until after NaNoWriMo.  During the outline process I realized this was going to be a much bigger novel than I first thought and I don't want to rush the first draft for the November challenge.  So, with 10,000 words behind me on the first draft Dogwood will take a break until December.

For NaNoWriMo I will be taking on another project, one that hits a little closer to home. They say write what you know and I think I've found a really fun, exciting way to do that.  The book is titled "Fatman" and it's something of a memoir in that I'm using a lot of personal knowledge to build this protagonist.  That's all I'm going to say for now but you can track the progress with the meter to the right.  I'll also have daily word count and progress updates on my Facebook and Twitter pages as well as weekly updates here.

Thanks again to all of you for the support lately.  I hope to have at least one finished product on the e-market next year so stick around.

Slainte!

Don't forget to sign up for my newsletter if you haven't already.  I'll be sending out quarterly updates and every member is automatically entered in any prize drawings!


No comments:

Post a Comment